Direct messages allow you to send а single chat message, email, or text message, to a single user or several users. Read the information below to understand how it works.
- To send a message go to the Users area and click the direct message icon. Direct message buttons are also available in the profile box of the user.
- To send a message to all users, enter All in the User IDs field.
- To send a message to a group of users, enter their IDs in the User IDs field. You can check the users and then click the direct message icon to enter the IDs automatically.
- All message types support merge fields.
Direct chat message #
- The chat message is sent to the active conversation, if any, otherwise to a new conversation.
- If the option Settings > User email notifications is active, all users with an email are notified via email.
- If the option Settings > Text message notifications > Active for users is active, all users with a phone number are notified via text message.
- If the option Settings > Push notifications is active, a push notification is sent to all users.
- The message is also sent to messaging apps such as WhatsApp and Messenger if the user is connected to them.
- To send a message to all users of a single messaging app enter one of the following strings: whatsapp, messenger, instagram, telegram, twitter, google, wechat. Enter tickets to send a message only to the users who created a MsgSmartly ticket via the Tickets app.
Direct email #
- Email header and email signature are automatically included in all emails, set them from Settings > Notifications.
- The HTML language is supported.
- The subject supports merge fields.
Direct text messages #
- To enable direct text messages you must enable the SMS in Settings > Notifications > Text message notifications.