To enable the language detection feature and automatic translation of agent messages to the language of the user, and user messages to the language of the agent, check the option Settings > Dialogflow > Automatic translation and synchronize Dialogflow. The Google account used for the Dialogflow synchronization must have billing and the cloud-translation service enabled, to do that follow the steps below:
- Log in to https://console.cloud.google.com with your Google account and select the project of your Dialogflow Agent.
- On the top search bar type cloud translation, select the Cloud Translation API service and enable it. Please note that this is a paid service with a free tier, additional charges may occur.
- Enable the billing by clicking Left menu > Billing and by enabling a billing account with a valid payment method. Enable billing for the project of your Dialogflow agent.
Once you completed the Google account setup the automatic translations start working immediately. Here more details:
- The user messages in the admin area are translated automatically in real-time to match the agent language.
- The agent messages are translated automatically in real-time to match the user language.
- Agents can view the original message by opening the message menu and by clicking View original message.
- The agent language is based on the language user detail of the agent if set, otherwise on the browser language, or admin area language.
- The user language is based on the language user detail of the user if set, otherwise on the browser language, or it can be detected with the feature Setting > Dialogflow > Language detection.
Language detection #
- The user message must be at least 2 words long.
- Language detection is executed only for the first 2 user messages of a conversation.